Have an unforgettable Batanes vacation by staying in one of the province’s most acclaimed landmarks. Fundacion Pacita Batanes Nature Lodge is only 15 minutes away from the airport. It is located atop the rolling hills of Basco, commanding a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean and South China Sea.
Basco is the capital of Batanes, the smallest province in the Philippines. Despite its size, this set of islands in the northern region of the Philippines offers some of the best scenic landscapes and heritage structures in the country. Visit the following places of interest near our Batanes seaside hotel:
- San Carlos Borromeo Church – located in Mahatao, this 19th-century church is listed as one of the country’s National Cultural Treasures by the National Commission on Culture and the Arts (NCCA) because of its cultural significance and architecture. Near the church is the oldest and smallest lighthouse in Basco.
- House of Dakay – found in the town of Ivana, it is believed to be the oldest vernacular house in Batanes. This was built in 1887 and is the only stone house that was left after a strong earthquake hit the province.
- Honesty Coffee Shop – add a twist to your Batanes vacation and visit this famous landmark. This shop has a unique concept, as it has no storekeepers, and customers pay for the merchandise by simply leaving their payment in a box inside the shop.
- Yaru Nu Artes Ivatan – a cooperative gallery situated in the heart of Basco.
- Marlboro Country – known locally as Payaman or pasture area, this site offers a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean.
- The Lighthouses – explore the 3 different lighthouses in Basco, Mahatao, and Sabtang.
- Valugan Bay – a boulder beach found in the south of Basco.
- Sabtang Island – a picturesque island located 30 minutes away by faluwa from Batan Island.